The Engage Story
Engage (Technology, Learning, Community) is involving families in education through seminars, discussions and community connections and their children through makerspace activities. There is a great shift in the learning process taking shape within our schools. Technology is facilitating a move towards a student centered approach to real world learning. Students are no longer limited by the walls of the classroom. With such a shift in learning and the resulting shift in student workflow, process and tools, comes a need for understanding and engagement from parents. Engage is meeting this critical need for engagement of parents in the process of technology as a learning tool in K-12 districts.
The half-day conference is modeled after the ENGAGE 2015 Parent Tech Conference presented in November, 2015 by the Community Consolidated School District 59 in Illinois. The conference is being “packaged” in a series of digital resources that can be replicated by a strong community of education technology leaders. Engage: Oregon events are being coordinated by education technology leaders from K-12 districts across the state:
- Corvallis School District
- High Desert Education Service District
- Linn Benton Lincoln Education Service District
- Redmond School District
- Salem-Keizer School District
- Santiam Canyon School District
- Willamette Education Service District
- Silver Falls School District
- Forest Grove School District
- Tigard-Tualatin School District
- Sherwood School District
- Southern Oregon Education Service District
Engage website designed and produced by Linn Benton Lincoln Education Service District. Engage logo created by Township High School District 214, Arlington Heights, Illinois.